Day 351: Self-Deprivation Sucks
Guess what I’m eating right now?
A container of plain yogurt to which I’ve added some Stevia, an all-natural sweetener.
Guess what I wish I was eating?
What a suck-ass plan. All I can say is — you have no idea how much sugar must be added to “normal” foods until you embark on a totally no-sugar plan.
Cravings, except for ones that lasted just a few seconds, have pretty much evaporated as this year has worn on. However, as soon as the totally sugar-free hammer came down Feb. 1st, all I wanted was SUGAR!
Today, after working hard, I went for a run along the Promenade des Anglais. I wanted one thing: Haagen Dazs chocolate chip cookie dough. Haagen Dazs is hard to score in these parts but there is a gas station with an American-style mini mart along the Promenade des Anglais.
If it weren’t for this ridic blog, which keeps me honest, I would have thrown in the towel on this year and this month. I would have gone into the little market and gone right to the back where they keep a tiny, magical freezer stuffed with pints of Haagen Dazs.
I have a great bottle of wine at my place and had a glass tonight. Unfortunately, it just makes me feel sleepy and sort of off my game. It doesn’t make me feel how wine should feel – relaxed and adult and sophisticated.
Where’s my chocolate chip cookie dough?
I want some. I want it now.
- Day 365: Tell the Women of Congo You Love Them! (1)
- Day 364: What If the World Did End in 2012? (2)
- Day 363: Twilight of the Dictators, Twilight of No Candy (1)
- Day 353: Howl of a Candy Addict (2)
- Day 351: Self-Deprivation Sucks (5)
- Day 350: Sugar = Gangrenous Toes! (1)
- Day 349: Dreaming of Thailand (7)
- Day 348: Zero Sugar: Help Me (St.) Brigid! (1)
- Day 341: Are You Too Chicken to Read This? (2)
- Day 339: R.I.P. Jack LaLanne!