Day 231: Dukat Diet Sunday
It occurred to me while feeding the cat his wet food today – aren’t cats always on a form of the Dukan diet? Yes there is the occasional dry food – but the wet food is all protein, like I’m eating. And eating. And eating. Ad nauseam.
Cats never eat sour cream and onion chips or have a chocolate fondue or some fries with both ketchup and French mayonnaise sauce. I could offer him some buttered sourdough toast, which I’d kill for right about now. I’d pay full price to fly to San Francisco tonight so I could have some sourdough toast with butter for brunch tomorrow at Stinson Beach.
I am finishing up Day 6 of the Dukan diet. I’m in the flow, but it’s not easy.
So far I’ve persuaded one friend to join me. She’s one day behind me. I told her I think it’s now or never. I’m very aware that with these kinds of diets, if you stop them after a week or two, you risk gaining back what you lost and more — because sometimes you lose muscle and fat and then gain back only fat.
The die is cast. I’m in this for the long haul. If I falter this week and can’t continue, I’ll doubt I’ll ever lose all the weight I put on. As I told my friend, then you never go back and regain a bit of who you were. Which may be OK – but not for me.
It’s helped so much that I already gave up candy.
Right now my favorite cream of tomato soup sounds like a half-pound Hershey bar. That’s how good it would taste.
One day at a time.
I’d write more but it’s time to eat some more cat food…
- Day 365: Tell the Women of Congo You Love Them! (1)
- Day 364: What If the World Did End in 2012? (2)
- Day 363: Twilight of the Dictators, Twilight of No Candy (1)
- Day 353: Howl of a Candy Addict (2)
- Day 351: Self-Deprivation Sucks (5)
- Day 350: Sugar = Gangrenous Toes! (1)
- Day 349: Dreaming of Thailand (7)
- Day 348: Zero Sugar: Help Me (St.) Brigid! (1)
- Day 341: Are You Too Chicken to Read This? (2)
- Day 339: R.I.P. Jack LaLanne!